I know it's been a long time since my last post. I have been very busy with the girls and the photography class I'm taking. The girls are getting bigger by the day it seems and itching to get back outside since we had a couple of nice days to go to the park. Today would seem like a good day for the park except for the fact Riley is a little under the weather. It all started yesterday when Donna (the babysitter) called to tell me Riley had just vomited! I hurried what felt like 10 years to get to a stopping point in my work and go and get her. Thankfully, the sitter only lives about 10 minutes from work. I got there to find Riley looking so pale and barley able to stand. Her fever was 103!!! Not knowing what she had I reluctantly left Chloe until her daddy could come and get her. My first thought was to try and keep the girls separated even though Chloe was probably already exposed and doomed to get it.
Well, it turns out that Daddy already had plans that really could not accommodate a little one and it was my night with the girls anyway. I called Nana and she was able to come and get Chloe and help take care of her while I was busy with a sick 3 year old. I was able to get Riley's fever down to about 99 with the Motrin Tylenol swap. Before I knew it she was asking for food, specifically cookies. Not knowing how her stomach was we started out with pretzels. She kept that down along with sprite. She began playing albeit quiet she showed all the signs of getting better.
This morning she awoke with her fever again shooting up, it was 101! She was kind of restless as one would imagine. I called her doctor to see if her symptoms prompted a visit to the Dr's office. They wanted to see her to check her out for the flu and strep. With some major convincing Riley agreed to get dressed and go see the Dr and get 2 stickers and 2 suckers. She was very good the whole time in fact at first glance you wouldn't of even thought she was sick. After a thorough check she was considered to have a little virus that would just need to run it's course.
As I type this post she is running about the house playing and seemingly having a good time while Chloe is napping.
Hopefully that is enough of an update. Enjoy some pics from my latest photography class assignments.
Well, it turns out that Daddy already had plans that really could not accommodate a little one and it was my night with the girls anyway. I called Nana and she was able to come and get Chloe and help take care of her while I was busy with a sick 3 year old. I was able to get Riley's fever down to about 99 with the Motrin Tylenol swap. Before I knew it she was asking for food, specifically cookies. Not knowing how her stomach was we started out with pretzels. She kept that down along with sprite. She began playing albeit quiet she showed all the signs of getting better.
This morning she awoke with her fever again shooting up, it was 101! She was kind of restless as one would imagine. I called her doctor to see if her symptoms prompted a visit to the Dr's office. They wanted to see her to check her out for the flu and strep. With some major convincing Riley agreed to get dressed and go see the Dr and get 2 stickers and 2 suckers. She was very good the whole time in fact at first glance you wouldn't of even thought she was sick. After a thorough check she was considered to have a little virus that would just need to run it's course.
As I type this post she is running about the house playing and seemingly having a good time while Chloe is napping.
Hopefully that is enough of an update. Enjoy some pics from my latest photography class assignments.

2.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment